THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting of the Board of Directors on June 22, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at The Woodlands Township office, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd, The Woodlands, Texas.
The board has recognized several with proclamations, the first honoring outgoing director of public sector solutions for Waste Management, Terry Woodson. Ms. Woodson has been dedicated to serving the residents of the Township of Woodlands as Public Sector Solutions Manager for Waste Management since 1997 and is retiring at the end of June. Ms. Woodson is committed to providing high quality customer service and extensive support to the township, and the proclamation honors Ms. Woodson’s commitment to The Woodlands. See Proclamation.
Additional proclamations included recognition of International Widows Day; the South County Fourth of July Parade Committee and a proclamation declaring July Woodland Parks and Recreation Month.
Fire Chief Palmer Buck presented an emergency preparedness briefing related to hurricane season and advised residents to have 72 hours of food, water, medicine and other items needed in the event of a hurricane. See the presentation.
Township President and CEO Monique Sharp introduced the township’s new human resources manager, Angela Branch, and recognized township staff who recently graduated from Montgomery County Leadership: Director of Transportation and Infrastructure Ruthanne Haut and Visit The Woodlands Executive Director Elizabeth Eddins.
In addition, Ms. Sharp commended the finance department for winning two recent awards from the Government Finance Officers Association: the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting and the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award. She credited finance director Kellan Shaw and budgeting director John Bruce for their help in securing these awards.
The board accepted the financial report, presented by Chief Financial Officer Kellan Shaw.
The board approved a recommendation from the audit committee on the annual comprehensive financial report and single audit reports for the year ended December 31, 2021. See presentation.
The Council then retired in executive session and upon reconvening approved a network agreement with ICTX/Wave Media to provide connectivity for the township.
Earlier in the meeting, on the approval agenda, the board:
- Received administrative reports from Community Services, Law Enforcement and Community Policing, Transportation (Park & Ride and Trolley System) and Woodlands Fire Department.
- Adopted Resolution No. 009-22 regarding the annual report on financial information and operating data for the filing of the declaration relating to the obligations of reimbursement of sales tax and hotel occupancy tax, series 2019; Unlimited tax refund obligations, 2019 series; and Unlimited Tax Refund Obligations, Series 2021.
- Approval of a budget amendment for fire vehicle modems.
- Obtained a contract for annual medical examinations for the Woodlands fire department.
- Appointments approved to the Reservations and Blocking Committee for the Woodlands Convention Center.
- Approved Legal Services Engagement with The Strong Firm, PC
The Council also heard reports from village associations and comments from the public.
Woodlands Township Board meetings can be watched in person, viewed live online, or viewed later via recording at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/meetingvideos. Agenda and attachments can be viewed at https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/991/Agendas-Minutes-and-More.