Santa Monica, California, United StatesLocation:
Fri 9 Sep ’22Posted on:
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
- TO CONCENTRATE: Interior design projects for hotels, resorts and casinos.
- LOCATION: Santa Monica-CA
- Number of hires needed: three (3).
- SALARY: $83,000 to $135,000 per year DOE. They can pay more!
- NOTE: Experience in hotel interior design projects is a must.
- STATUS: US citizens, Canadian citizens, Mexican citizens and green card holders only.
- RECRUITMENT FIRM: luxury hotel interior design firm with more than 20 sites.
- Ideal candidates have experience in the AEC industry and enjoy everything from mood boards to budgeting.
- Ideal candidates should possess “problem-solving DNA”, a collaborative mindset, be able to pivot quickly when obstacles arise, and genuinely enjoy finding creative solutions to project challenges.
Job duties include:
- Partner with in-house design team to develop interior design and specifications for existing and new properties of 4 star hotels, 5 star hotels, casinos and resorts.
- Create FF&E schedules and specifications.
- Help maintain design company standards.
- Investigate materials and methods regarding build capacity, cost, quality, and schedule as they may affect the business and its customers.
- Cultivate strong relationships with team members and external vendors.
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Eight to 10 years, or more than post internship Experience in interior design/interior architecture.
- Experience in hotel interior design (a to have to).
- Previous experience designing or directing the interior design of 4 star/5 star hotels and/or casinos.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in interior design/interior architecture/related field.
- Experience with luxury residential, luxury retail or workplace interiors ~ helps.
- Hand drawing skills = helpful.
- A good understanding of AEC industry best practices, building codes and ADA.
- Skills in: Adobe CS, CAD, Rhino, SketchUp.
- Proficiency in: 3D Studio Max, Enscape, Revit, Vasari – a strong asset.
- Knowledge of hotel interior design standards and an understanding of hotel operations are helpful.
- CID/NCIDQ certifications – helpful.
- LEED certifications – help.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience coordinating deliverables/implementing FF&E specs – helpful.
- Ability to read blueprints and blueprints (preferred).
- Experience presenting or working alongside SROs or design firm clients.
- Ability to help create presentation boards.
View your application history
Back to task list…