Guests ‘flee Llandudno hotel’ as cases of diarrhea and vomiting investigated

0

Guests at a hotel in Llandudno say their holidays have been cut short following several cases of diarrhea and vomiting on the premises over the past few days. An investigation is currently underway into cases of viral gastroenteritis at the Hydro Hotel, Conwy Council has confirmed.

A hotel guest who decided to return home early after staying at the hotel after falling ill says ‘about 30 people had left’ by Thursday morning for fear of falling ill. The guest, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “We arrived at the Hydro hotel on Monday morning. The next day I started to suffer from diarrhea and nausea which I described as food poisoning.

“After speaking to other guests the next day and today, I found that a number of people were suffering from the same symptoms and around 30 people had left the hotel as a result.

Read more Gwynedd village named among the most beautiful places to visit in the UK

“We were given letters telling us what to do if we got sick when we first checked in and when we went to reception to ask what was going on they told us there was a virus circulating in Llandudno One of the other guests told me that they had to call a doctor at the start of the week because they were not well.

Have you ever fallen ill after staying in a hotel in North Wales? Let us know in the “Comments” section

“Guests at other hotels seemed fine so I wasn’t sure and because we were traveling here by car we decided to cut our stay short and go back to England today. It’s lucky we didn’t come here on a coach like a lot of other people or we’d be stuck there.”

Graham Brown, communicable disease control consultant for Public Health Wales, said: ‘Public Health Wales has been informed that Conwy County Borough Council is currently investigating a number of cases of hotel-related diarrhea and/or vomiting. Hydro at Llandudno.

“We remind anyone who at any time feels unwell with diarrhea or vomiting that they should seek advice from NHS Direct Wales or their GP if they are concerned about their symptoms.

“It is also important to avoid spreading the infection to others at home, and sick people should wash their hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after using the toilet and before preparing food, and should not share towels with other people.”

A response from Regulatory Services via Conwy Council reads: “Environmental Health Officers are aware of the ongoing cases of viral gastroenteritis at the hotel and are liaising with the hotel management team. ‘hotel.” The Hydro Hotel has been approached for comment.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.