Based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, The First Group is a dynamic and integrated global real estate developer with a rapidly growing portfolio of high-end hotels, residential properties, F&B brands and real estate asset management services. Since our launch in 2005, we have carved out a very successful niche for ourselves offering unparalleled real estate investment opportunities in high growth markets to clients in more than 70 countries around the world.
The COO will act as a strategic business leader delivering the best revenue, profitability, operational efficiency, exceptional customer experience, employee engagement and development, and asset management of all hotels. The leader must be effective in building relationships between multiple groups of internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement areas for continued brand and category growth at the top and GOP levels. Proven experience in revenue management, budgeting, profit and loss reporting and forecasting is required. Together with the TFG management team, the Director is responsible for exceeding Ownerships’ financial expectations and all key performance indicators.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Focus on customer satisfaction, best-in-class revenue and GOP performance.
- Collaborates to create improved management processes and methods to drive better performance. Participate in hotel forecasting, budgeting process and annual budget implementation.
- Critically analyze all metrics; including, but not limited to, financial reporting, client satisfaction, STR performance, financial audits, associate opinion polls and staff turnover.
- Conduct property tours throughout the year and review all aspects of the operation including, but not limited to, revenue to net operating income, customer experience, performance of the service and compliance with brand standards.
- Partner in the development of quality audits and initiate corrective action plans across the brand portfolio in order to generate customer satisfaction and preference.
- Possess the ability to interact at all levels of the organization including general managers, senior management, property and corporate support departments.
- Develop a strong and productive partnership and open communications with ownership and key stakeholders to best align strategies, execution and results.
- Will work closely with the F&B Director of Operations & Marketing, to ensure that the two business units are aligned and in harmony.
- Work closely with the human resources department, as well as with each hotel manager and department head, to determine their specific staffing and training needs.
- Work with the HMC sales and marketing team to ensure they meet the targets and goals defined by the short and long term strategies of the company and each property.
- Make sure each property meets detailed operating guidelines set out in brand standards, SOPs, and P&P. While ensuring that best practices are always adopted.
- Make sure the property meets all legal requirements and complies with local codes and established regulations.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset with the ability to identify and maintain a talent pipeline.
- Promote a culture of agility by effectively leading and communicating strategic change initiatives and organizational impacts.
Desired skills and expertise:
4-year bachelor’s degree in business administration, hotel and restaurant management, or related major; 4 years of experience in customer service, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations or related professional field.
- More than 10 years of operational experience with a large hotel group and / or a hotel management company.
- UAE hospitality experience is preferable.