27-year-old man dies after ‘inhaling gas’ from geyser at Gurgaon hotel

0

A 27-year-old man was found dead in a hotel bathroom in Gurgaon. Police said a preliminary investigation suggested he died after allegedly inhaling carbon monoxide that leaked from a geyser in the hotel bathroom.

Police said the man was identified as Satdev Dhiman from Jandli in Ambala. He continued his higher education there at a private university. Police said Dhiman and some of his friends checked into a hotel near Sadar Bazar on Saturday.

In the police complaint, the victim’s friend, Pankaj Kumar, said six of them left Ambala for a trip to Dehradun on February 14. He said after visiting Mussoorie, Rudraprayag, Sonprayag, Rishikesh, Haridwar and Delhi, they checked into a hotel in Gurgaon on February 19.

“We went to a shopping center in the evening, after which some friends returned home. Four of us checked into two hotel rooms. The next morning, Satdev went to take a shower. When he didn’t come out after 20-25 minutes, we knocked on the bathroom door but there was no response,” Kumar said in FIR.

He said they called the hotel manager and tried to open the door. “From the gallery we saw through a broken fan duct that he was lying unconscious in the smoky bathroom. The door was kicked down and he was rushed to hospital. The accident took place due to the negligence of the hotel manager and owner. He died after inhaling the gas released by the geyser,” he alleged.

Police said the victim was rushed to a private hospital on Sunday, where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival.

Ved Pal, Station Officer (SHO), City Police Station, said: ‘The exact cause of death would be known after the post-mortem report is released. A preliminary investigation suggests the victim died after inhaling carbon monoxide that leaked from the geyser. No foul play has been found so far. We filed an FIR against the owner and manager of the hotel.

Police said the victim’s body was released to the family after Monday’s autopsy.

A relative of the complainant, on condition of anonymity, said: “Friends of the victim were unaware that he had passed out from the gas as the water was also running and the bathroom door was locked. inside. It was only after 15-20 minutes that they suspected something was wrong and sounded an alarm. Strict action must be taken against the hotel management.

An FIR was filed against the accused under IPC Sections 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible materials), 304-A (causing death by negligence) and 34 (common intent) at the post of city ​​police, police said.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.